But for me, I had my plans to Spain, but this week I also got a temporary reassignment email. And guess where I'm going for six weeks? Evertt Washington! That's the current plan at least, but if my visa comes in on time, they'll ship me off to Spain. But I'm pretty excited for it. Being able to teach in an English mission and a Spanish mission is gonna be really neat. The only sad part is all the Spain people I was going to be with leave in the morning and I leave at noon so I'm gonna be all alone here for a bit and then it's just me going to Washington. But once it gets to November, I'll be back with them.
I had some close calls with the water fountains this week, but I'm still alive so thats nice.
This Tuesday was our last devotional :( but we got to hear from Patrick Kearon his wife Jenifer. They're messages were great and he had a British accent which just made things a ton better. They shared the story of Sad-Drack, Me-Shack, and A-Bed-Knee-Go (or how ever you spell their names) and said that when they were put into the furnace, they saw Christ. And related the furnace to anything difficult we face. Difficulties give us the ability to really see Christ in our lives. They also called out some missionaries to do a little roll play with them and showed the difference between trying to give your message to people and actually living the message and actually wanting to share it with people so they can enjoy the same happiness found in the gospel of Jesus Christ. In the devotional review with our district that night as we were discussing it, my district leader said, "We're not trying to make a sales pitch here, we're missionaries". Which is facts. We know what we know is true and we're just inviting people to come to Christ.
So we've been getting new missionaries in the dorms and it's pretty cool to meet all these random people. I guess it's good practice for the mission. But invitation for the week is find some random person and get to know em. You'll probably have more in common than you think.
Love you guys. I'm super excited to start this week and can't wait to tell you about it. Talk to ya in the next one,
Elder Larchar
No comments:
Post a Comment