While I've been here for only three days, I've already met 5 elders from the Hill Cumorah Pageant Work Crew. My old companion Elder Rytting, Elders Nicholas, Bishop, Bean, Curby, and Hirschi.
So this morning we decided to get up at 5:30 to go do laundry and when we got there there was a person who said we can't do laundry before 6:30 so that was nice. But I guess this is a new rule; missionaries who have been here have been waking up early so I don't know.
So here we're broken up into districts, then zones, then branches. And our Branch President invited me to start reading the Book of Mormon here at the MTC from the very beginning and then mark anytime I see a reference to Christ. So this includes His name, something he said, or really any other connection. And I'd invite anyone willing to try it to join me.
We had a really cool lesson yesterday. We read the first 11 verses of 1 Nephi 1. The things being talked about in these verses are first, a prophet, then a prayer, a vision, Jesus Christ, and finally a book. Sound familiar? How about Joseph Smith's story? I thought it was super cool. This email was kinda brief, but it's only been three days and there will definitely be more to come.
Until next week,
Elder Larchar
No comments:
Post a Comment