Saturday, September 7, 2019

Oh How Lovely

(was the morning)
This week for choir we sang Joseph Smith's first prayer. At least I think that's the name of the song, but it was so cool. The director wanted us to imagine that we were teaching the first vision to someone in a lesson (luckily, this lesson didn't have to be in Spanish) because that's pretty much what the song is. But it was very powerful and I'm excited to see what we'll sing this week.

As practice for missionary work, we get to teach a few people every week which is pretty nice, but this week I saw in the email for our lesson, 'you'll be teaching in Spanish' and I thought "oh boy, I didn't sign up for this". But it wasn't actually that bad. Thankfully my companion took 4 years of Spanish so at least he knew what he was doing, but I was just sitting there following along and adding things where I could. But then if they started telling us about something, they'd talk crazy fast and I'd be hanging on for dear life. But other than that I think our lessons have been good and Spanish gets better every day.

In our Tuesday devotional, this quote (or at least something similar) was shared.
“Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny."
The speaker talked about how we need to make sure we are conscious of the things we are doing in our lives and make sure that they are turning us into the people we need to be.

So in the cafeteria this week I ran into a missionary that was talking about his mission and I over heard that he's going to the Syarcuse New York mission. He's also speaking Spanish which is a little crazy so maybe he won't be serving in Sherburne at all, but I guess there's a chance. (His name is Elder Hyatt by the way). Elder Bell of the work crew also joined us in the MTC this week (the 8th one I've seen)

Oh, and apparently I have a blog now too. So if you want to view it here it is: https://larcharmission.blogspot.com (thanks mom)

That's all for the week I think, I might add some pictures.
Have a good one,
Elder Larchar

No comments:

Post a Comment