Sunday, September 1, 2019

Lovely Leche

Well hello everyone. Hope you all are having a wonderful day. I had some trouble sending last week so that email should also be out today if you didn't already get it. 
So this week we had a few devotionals and I love them. We have a devotional every Tuesday from a church leader. This week we got to hear from Gérald Caussé. He talked about being bold as missionaries. He went into depth on four characteristics. Namely humble, joyful, obedient and consecrated. But one thing that really made his talk for me was what he did at the end. He wanted to leave us with an example and not just a bunch of words. So after he was done speaking he played the piano. It was just beautiful and it's not every day that you hear a General Authority play the piano. 
We also got to hear a talk from Elder Bednar that was given on Christmas in the MTC one year. He speaks on the Charatcer of Christ and it's such a good talk. Plus I've heard it's on YouTube so I'd encourage you to go watch it. 
So the language is still a struggle, but I can now say a short prayer, somewhat teach a lesson (or at least chime in as my companion teaches the lesson), and testify a little bit. But it's pretty good for only one week of it.
So this week we had a little bit of a mishap. So we walked into our dorm room after exercise time on Wednesday and it thought it smelled a little weird. So I said (hesitantly because I thought it might have been one one of my room mates) "Does it smell weird to anybody else?" And they all agreed. So we started looking for the cause of the stench and I finally came across a brown paper bag. I peered inside and what did I see? Popcorn popping... No, it was the breakfast of my companion that he got on Saturday. And lucky for us, he decided to get milk that day. And that milk was still there and it was nice and curdled. A little bit of whey had leaked out as the milk expanded to. It was just lovely. And then when we threw it in the bathroom trash, the smell wafted through the whole dorm complex. What a day.
But the guys in my district and in my room all get along pretty well and all have the same class so all is well here in Provo and I will talk to you guys next week.
Love, Elder Larchar

No comments:

Post a Comment