So this Tuesday we had interviews with president as a zone. My interview was super short. He just asked how things were going and we were done. Then he got my companions in there and they talked for probably an hour. So I was just sitting outside talking with Sister Auna. She's so nice and I'm glad I got that chance to talk to her before I left. I got a call from President Auna last night which scared me at first, but it turned out everything is set for me to leave tomorrow morning and he also said he used to know my new mission President. We shall see. I'm excited to meet them on probably wednesday morning.
So we checked our mailbox and I had gotten a letter a bit ago that said I was invited to attend the temple on Saturday. The only problem was that I read the letter on Sunday night so I missed it. But we did get to go earlier this week with some of our recent converts to do baptisms. We didn't have a session set up, but it turned out that the other people who were scheduled to come needed people to do the baptizing for their group so we were able to help them out.
We got to help out at the Alpaca Farm again. This time we helped move the rest of the stuff out of the house and then we ripped up all the carpets and threw them out. It was in pretty rough shape after the previous owner, but it's looking a lot better now. There was also a coffin in the living room thankfully with no one in it so we had to move that as well. Kinda weird and we just left it in the barn. Pallbearer was not in the job description.
One of my companions went on exchange this week just for a day, but no one came over to our area from the other companionship. So it was just me and Elder Rhead. It was pretty different to just have one companion again. And I'll have to get used to it. But it does make me talk more which I guess is a good thing.
So we did some service for someone who was a friend of someone we have been teaching. We pretty much just help them swap two bedrooms and it was pretty easy. Then I was thinking alright let's go. What's next. But my companions took a minute to share a quick message. Then I just thought well, that is one of the reasons I'm here and I should try to incorporate it into everything. “Ultimate happiness, true peace, and anything even remotely close to scriptural joy are found first, foremost, and forever in living the gospel of Jesus Christ.” -Elder Holland. Why not take every opportunity to share about Chirst. Especially with Christmas approaching. If Christ is who we claim him to be, he should be the most important part of everyone's life. It's kind of like President Nelson's gathering israel devotional. I'd invite you to listen to that and ponder on it this week.
Love,
Elder Larchar
No comments:
Post a Comment