Monday, November 25, 2019

I didn’t forget the subject this time

Well hello everyone. This week has been pretty great, getting to know the area and people more here and it's pretty awesome. 

I actually got to meet the members here this sunday which was great. And we're going to meet with quite  few of them this week. 

We had two times this week where we were given a reference for someone to go teach. We put the address into maps and followed it, but we would get there and there wasn't an apartment number that matched. And to make it even better, it was raining both times so we walked way out in the rain together and just had a blast. Part of the problem is madrid is massive. And there are, to my knowledge, no smaller divisions for addresses. You just have the street and apartment. So it's a little bit of a mess. But it's been fun. 

We have weekly district meetings where a couple missionaries get together and have a meeting. This week we had to travel a little to get there and it was a little interesting. We started on the metro and barely made our train and were on the bus for a while and by the time we got there we were half an hour late. But we're figuring it out little by little. On that trip there was a variety of landscape. Like just open land for the first time in a while which was super different and little towns and the contrast is really cool. 

We had Chocolate and Churros for the first time today as a district and it's so good! We also ate some other Spanish food and I love it. I'm excited for the members who have invited us over for dinner. They come from so many countries so we'll have a mix of cultural foods.

Madrid is really a mixing pot too which is cool. You can just start talking to someone (which is sort of what we do as missionaries) and there are so many cool stories and backgrounds that people have. I love it and I get to practice Spanish everywhere and it helps a bunch. 

That's pretty much all the time I have but it has been really good so far. Starting to feel settled in and just learnin about life up in here.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Larchar

No comments:

Post a Comment