Thursday, April 2, 2020

Just keep swimming

Well, things have certainly been different for all of us this little but here. But I would venture to say that we are all a little more settled down no and have all learned something by this point. I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but when I first got the the Canary Islands I came to the city Santa Cruz and now or as soon as I can leave I will go to another city called La Laguna. So basically the past week has been a daily effort of getting to know all the people over there. And from all the people I've connected with so far I'm super excited to be with these people. They are so awesome and I can tell it's gonna be good. We even have been able to teach some people this week from this new area. I love them too and I really can't wait to meet these people in person. 

Something cool that our mission president and his wife have started doing is a nightly live video to all the missionaries and they share news, cool stories of what's been happening, and just a little motivation that has been really nice to see. It with all of the messages from all of you have definitely helped during this time and it's not too much of a struggle any more.

A scripture that I read this week which I quite enjoyed was in Enos (in the Book of Mormon) and in verses 15 and 17 there's a message that I wanted to share. Basically it's his first real experience with prayer and I'm going to start off with a promise he received from God. It says: "He had said unto me: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it." Now this is pretty strong and important, but with this in mind I think the following verse is just as cool it says: "And I, Enos, knew it would be according to the covenant which he had made; wherefore my soul did rest."

I really like this part because it's one thing to have a sincere prayer, but believing and having that confidence in the Lord's time is a whole other battle. However, I know that we can trust in God. He truly does answer prayers and we just have to hold on and do what we can. He will do the rest. So keep the faith going!! 

Love,
Elder Larchar

No comments:

Post a Comment