Saturday, October 12, 2019

Wonderful Washington

So, I made it everybody. And it's super pretty here compared to Utah. And really similar to NY. I ended up not flying alone here which was nice. There were 3 other visa waiters who were Dutch speaking. And I have two companions now, but one of them is leaving this transfer :(. (See picture of us soaked in the rain.)

I was worried about not having Spanish practice here, but we are assigned to a Spanish area so all our teaching is in Spanish. It's pretty fun to be talking to random people on the regular now.

So the day I met my companions, they said Elder Martinez didn't speak English. We were in a district meeting and one of the sister missionaries was translating for him. And everybody we bumped into played along with his Spanish thing. He completely had me until a few hours later when he just said "by the way, I do speak English". And I just thought you've got to be kidding me. I had been trying so hard that whole time when I didn't have to.

General Conference was great. There were so many good talks and this was probably the first Conference ever that I was focused the whole time. Let me tell ya, it makes a difference. I really liked in Peter M. Johnson's talk how he said "If we dont understand who we are, how are we supposed to imagine who we can become?" Without the knowledge of God's plan for us, how are we going to follow it? He wants us to repent every day, changing for the better so we can become more like Him. As we try to fix all the little things in our lives and turn to Christ for help, we can become the best versions of ourselves possible. 

We invited a lot of our friends to watch Conference and I hope they did. We made the promise that if they would listen to Conference with a question in mind and I definitely saw that for me and I hope they experienced the same thing.

We found Waldo. I mean Aldo. He is super interested in our lessons which is really cool. He doesn't really have any religious background, but he's pretty eager to learn about everything. We taught him about the restoration and first vision and he's loving it.

We're also teaching this recently converted family. Right now we are trying to get their daughter to attend seminary and are just teaching them. They have the cutest dog ever named Chewy. He freaks our whenever we come over and they say he watches us drive away and then he's sad. But that dog is just 10 pounds of cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment